Assets become invisible in build

Full-scene Motion Blur for Unity Pro

Assets become invisible in build

Postby sickbattery » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:14 pm

I have a Problem with this asset in combination with Amplify Motion:
https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/19122

When I add the assets to the scene I can do whatever I like in the editor, test it in game preview, build & run and everything works ok.

Then I add Amplify Motion to the camera and still, I can do whatever I like in the editor and the game preview works as expected and I see the AM effect in action. The problem is: When I build the project and run it then the assets are invisible.

I build for Windows x84 and I have Unity Pro 4.6.1f1 (Windows 8).
sickbattery

Re: Assets become invisible in build

Postby Diogo Teixeira » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:38 am

Please make sure you're using Unity Pro, otherwise AM might work in editor but not in build.

In case you're already using Unity Pro, can you upload the player log? Maybe there's an error preventing AM from working as expected in the build.

Cheers
Research & Development at Amplify Creations
Diogo Teixeira

Postby sickbattery » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:45 pm

I imported the assets to blender and exported them to an other format (*.obj) and it's working now. I guess the assets are just not properly done. I am using Unity Pro, the editor's about dialog says that I have the license and also AM is working in builds. It's just that these assets are somehow not visible in build, when combined with AM. Without AM they are visible.

The player log doesn' display any errors ... :/ ... ...

My time for the game development is quite limited (few days off) and if it's not a known thing then I can't wait for a fix. I'll just re export the assets. I have to do that anyway since I need textures and the assets use only shaders ...

Thank you and btw: AM is really awesome :).
sickbattery

Postby Diogo Teixeira » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:19 pm

It's great that you found a workaround. I was curious to debug these meshes and find out why they were failing.

Any chance you can send us one of the models + material, for debugging, to [email protected]?

We have an update coming very very soon. It would be nice to include a fix for this.

Glad you like AM! We're looking forward to see what you're up to. Feel free to share! :)

Cheers
Research & Development at Amplify Creations
Diogo Teixeira

Return to Amplify Motion