External camera motion blur advice? (esp local multi-player)

Full-scene Motion Blur for Unity Pro

External camera motion blur advice? (esp local multi-player)

Postby Arakade » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:38 pm

Hi
I was wondering what advice / thoughts / ideas / warnings / etc anyone might have regarding camera motion blur in a game with a mobile external camera ... especially a local multi-player game?

Details...

I'm trialling Amplify Motion in my game. I'm making a local-multi-player arena game with a moving camera. The camera tries to frame players, action and important level features... and has been described as cinematic! (pride) ... and too mobile... but I think that just means it needs work still ;-\ .
I haven't play-tested the motion blur on anyone yet but I have a slight suspicion that since the camera movement is affected by all of the players' movement, the threshold for acceptable motion blur might be quite low. What do you think?

All thoughts/opinions/etc welcome :)
I'll try to get some video here tomorrow to aid discussion. In the meantime, here's an mid-action shot (yes, even if I don't enable Motion during game-play, I'll probably integrate just so I can use it in screenshots :D )

Arakade

Re: External camera motion blur advice? (esp local multi-pla

Postby Arakade » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:41 pm

p.s. Just bought it. Looking forward to proper integration tomorrow 8-)
Btw, how do I apply to get the beta version where you can disable camera and keep object motion mentioned in this post http://amplify.pt/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=176#p616 ?
Arakade

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:15 am

Arakade wrote:Hi
I was wondering what advice / thoughts / ideas / warnings / etc anyone might have regarding camera motion blur in a game with a mobile external camera ... especially a local multi-player game?

Details...

I'm trialling Amplify Motion in my game. I'm making a local-multi-player arena game with a moving camera. The camera tries to frame players, action and important level features... and has been described as cinematic! (pride) ... and too mobile... but I think that just means it needs work still ;-\ .
I haven't play-tested the motion blur on anyone yet but I have a slight suspicion that since the camera movement is affected by all of the players' movement, the threshold for acceptable motion blur might be quite low. What do you think?

All thoughts/opinions/etc welcome :)
I'll try to get some video here tomorrow to aid discussion. In the meantime, here's an mid-action shot (yes, even if I don't enable Motion during game-play, I'll probably integrate just so I can use it in screenshots :D )

Awesome, I see what you mean now from your Twitter message. Yes, the motion scale or minimum velocity might be a good place to start tweaking. It's a very unique application, I don't think I have seen anyone using Motion in a project such as yours.

Looking forward to a video example, that would really help us point you in the right direction.

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:22 am

Arakade wrote:p.s. Just bought it. Looking forward to proper integration tomorrow 8-)
Btw, how do I apply to get the beta version where you can disable camera and keep object motion mentioned in this post http://amplify.pt/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=176#p616 ?

We would be happy to share the latest development update, simply send us your invoice number to [email protected] and we will register your info.

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby Arakade » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:26 pm

Ricardo Teixeira wrote:
Arakade wrote:p.s. Just bought it. Looking forward to proper integration tomorrow 8-)

We would be happy to share the latest development update, simply send us your invoice number to [email protected] and we will register your info.

Thanks!

Great, thanks. I've e-mailed (and PM'd just for the thoroughness/stalkerness of it ;-) ).
Arakade

Return to Amplify Motion