Particles problem in new version

Full-scene Motion Blur for Unity Pro

Particles problem in new version

Postby Stalker_23b » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:12 am

Hi! My transparent particles are working wrong in new version. If i exclude them, they provide "no-blur" zone. If i include them, they provide "wrong blur" zone.

I am testing v160_001_trial currently. I can confirm skinned meshes bug is fixed here, but particles are broken for me.

In previous version all was OK.
Previous version : no problems from dust particles

New version, particles included :

New version, particles excluded :

Why particles are writing something here at all if they are exluded from culling mask?

I think this problems are related to "particle system support" in new version. Can you please provide a way of turning off this feature to keep everything as before?

UPDATE : Nevermind, i found a fix for particles, just Unregister them after UpdateActiveObjects )

Thank you for support!
Stalker_23b

Re: Particles problem in new version

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:35 pm

Hello,

Thank you for using Amplify Motion, we really appreciate it. Your game looks amazing, we would love to help promote it at a later stage.

Our apologies for the inconvenience, Particle support is still in its early stages and not all features are supported. We will continue to improve it but for now in order to not blur the particles we recommend not adding the Amplify Motion Object Script to your particle systems.

I'll get back to you via email with additional info.

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby Stalker_23b » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:49 am

Thank you for support!

Amplify motion is definitely one of the best effect for our game, but sadly it is also the slowest effect. On XBOX One, all this drawing of dynamic objects creates huge performance drop. By some reason, this drawings are slow, but blur posteffect itself is fast.

But i have managed to eliminate this by manually registering only the objects that really move (bikes and riders). All other dynamic, but not really moving, objects will by blurred just by camera movement.
This approach greatly improves the performance with almost no artefacts!

P.S. I have tried various threading settings, but i can't spot real difference. What settings you can recommend for consoles?

P.P.S How to make image fit to page?
Stalker_23b

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:03 pm

Stalker_23b wrote:Thank you for support!
Amplify motion is definitely one of the best effect for our game, but sadly it is also the slowest effect. On XBOX One, all this drawing of dynamic objects creates huge performance drop. By some reason, this drawings are slow, but blur posteffect itself is fast.

Thank you for using AM, we really appreciate it. Your project looks great, we cant wait to help promote it and play it.

Stalker_23b wrote:But i have managed to eliminate this by manually registering only the objects that really move (bikes and riders). All other dynamic, but not really moving, objects will by blurred just by camera movement.
This approach greatly improves the performance with almost no artefacts!

Sounds great, we recommend manually registering dynamic objects whenever possible in order to avoid unnecessary performance losses.

Stalker_23b wrote:P.S. I have tried various threading settings, but i can't spot real difference. What settings you can recommend for consoles?

The worker thread value only applies to Skinned meshes, Quality Level and Quality Steps are the two most performance critical values. The first defines the technique used, downscale values and specific device optimizations, the latter defines the number of samples used for the motion effect; we recommend a 1-3 range for optimal performance.

We would love to test your project on the actual console, lets continue this discussion via email. ;)

Stalker_23b wrote:P.P.S How to make image fit to page?

There is an issue in our forum framework, hopefully when we finally get around to fix it all images will be automatically adjusted.

Thanks!
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby Stalker_23b » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:03 pm

Thank you for such a great support!
Answered in email.
Stalker_23b

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:53 pm

Happy to help, thanks!
Ricardo Teixeira

Return to Amplify Motion