Amplifying your potential.

Screen freezing and ghosing

Full-scene Motion Blur for Unity Pro
6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Screen freezing and ghosing

Postby dijital » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:34 am

Hi

I had a previous problem where the screen went in to debug mode and had horrible performance on my iphone 5, I've pretty much conceded that motion blur is not possible with my app onn the iphone 5.

But I now have a slightly different problem on my iphone 5s.

The game runs at a steady 26-30fps but the camera that has the amplify motion script attached keeps freezing then ghosting (the display is frozen buy you can tell the game is still running fine as there seems to be some sort of ghost shadow that continues to process. The gui camera that does not have the amplify motion script attached works fine). A few seconds later the camera unlocks and continues as normal until it happens again (it jumps to the current point).

Everything works fine in the editor but not on the device. I am running unity 4.7.2 (pro) on my iphone 5s using the trials downloaded yesterday on your site.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
dijital
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:02 pm

Re: Screen freezing and ghosing

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:38 am

dijital wrote:Hi

I had a previous problem where the screen went in to debug mode and had horrible performance on my iphone 5, I've pretty much conceded that motion blur is not possible with my app onn the iphone 5.

But I now have a slightly different problem on my iphone 5s.

The game runs at a steady 26-30fps but the camera that has the amplify motion script attached keeps freezing then ghosting (the display is frozen buy you can tell the game is still running fine as there seems to be some sort of ghost shadow that continues to process. The gui camera that does not have the amplify motion script attached works fine). A few seconds later the camera unlocks and continues as normal until it happens again (it jumps to the current point).

Everything works fine in the editor but not on the device. I am running unity 4.7.2 (pro) on my iphone 5s using the trials downloaded yesterday on your site.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks


Hello,

Thank you for evaluating Amplify Motion, we really appreciate it. We have not come across this issue before but we would be happy to help.

Can you replicate the problem on a new empty project? If you could share a sample with the problem present, that would really help speedup the debug process.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
User avatar
Ricardo Teixeira
 
Posts: 829
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: Screen freezing and ghosing

Postby dijital » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:00 am

Ricardo Teixeira wrote:Hello,

Thank you for evaluating Amplify Motion, we really appreciate it. We have not come across this issue before but we would be happy to help.

Can you replicate the problem on a new empty project? If you could share a sample with the problem present, that would really help speedup the debug process.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_MFEkNJ19w

Hi, please take a look at this video to see what the problem is, please let me know when you have watched it as I wish to take it down.

Keep an eye on the wire mesh on the right of the screen to see the ghosting.

The screen freezes but the game continues as normal, ir seems the blurring continues as normal too just overlaid of the frozen screen.

Unity 4.7.2 (OSX) on an ipone 5s and ipod touch 6th gen, this happens regardless of blur quality.

Please get back to me as soon as you can.

Thanks.
dijital
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:02 pm

Re: Screen freezing and ghosing

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:51 pm

dijital wrote:
Ricardo Teixeira wrote:Hello,

Thank you for evaluating Amplify Motion, we really appreciate it. We have not come across this issue before but we would be happy to help.

Can you replicate the problem on a new empty project? If you could share a sample with the problem present, that would really help speedup the debug process.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_MFEkNJ19w

Hi, please take a look at this video to see what the problem is, please let me know when you have watched it as I wish to take it down.

Keep an eye on the wire mesh on the right of the screen to see the ghosting.

The screen freezes but the game continues as normal, ir seems the blurring continues as normal too just overlaid of the frozen screen.

Unity 4.7.2 (OSX) on an ipone 5s and ipod touch 6th gen, this happens regardless of blur quality.

Please get back to me as soon as you can.

Thanks.


Hello,

Thank you for the example, we really appreciate it. That's an odd one, I'm not sure what could be causing the problem. Is it also present without anti-aliasing or when using a simpler effect such as Amplify Color?

Can you replicate the issue on a new project? It would really speedup the debug process if you could share a sample with the problem present. We are available for private and direct support via email at support@amplify.pt.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
User avatar
Ricardo Teixeira
 
Posts: 829
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: Screen freezing and ghosing

Postby dijital » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:51 pm

Hi,

Im away for the weekend, I will give it a try on Monday.
dijital
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:02 pm

Re: Screen freezing and ghosing

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:18 pm

dijital wrote:Hi,

Im away for the weekend, I will give it a try on Monday.


No problem, we look forward to your feedback.

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
User avatar
Ricardo Teixeira
 
Posts: 829
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:26 pm


6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Amplify Motion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest