Triangle count [SOLVED]

Full-scene Motion Blur for Unity Pro

Triangle count [SOLVED]

Postby dixitalgorismi » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:10 pm

Hi there,

it seems like the triangles count is doubled and sometimes even bigger when I use Amplify Motion. I understand that this comes from the shaders being used to render to the render texture etc. Is there any way to reduce the number of tris in the scene. Like very selectively adding the AmplifyMotionComponent to the gameobjects that don't need motion blur?

Many thanks
Daniel
dixitalgorismi

Re: Triangle count

Postby Diogo Teixeira » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:47 pm

dixitalgorismi wrote:it seems like the triangles count is doubled and sometimes even bigger when I use Amplify Motion.

This is because the effect requires a depth pre-pass, similar the SSAO effect, to work properly. When you enable the AM effect, it'll most likely double because of the pre-pass alone, plus a few more draw calls for every moving object.

dixitalgorismi wrote:Is there any way to reduce the number of tris in the scene. Like very selectively adding the AmplifyMotionComponent to the gameobjects that don't need motion blur?

Yes. Here's how to do it:

1) You disable "Auto Register Objs" on Amplify Motion Effect attached to your camera.

2) Add an Amplify Motion Object script to any objects or prefabs you want to receive the effect. This will allow you to register objects manually. Unregistered objects will then be ignored.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Research & Development at Amplify Creations
Diogo Teixeira

Re: Triangle count

Postby dixitalgorismi » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:50 pm

In the end I used a second camera. Since my environment is much lower poly than the car model, this gave me a nice boost in performance. the car is now invisible to the motion blur script but then composited on top. Works like a charms. :D
dixitalgorismi

Return to Amplify Motion