When moving beetwen Volumes color goes gray

Advanced Color Grading for Unity Pro

When moving beetwen Volumes color goes gray

Postby MaciejBugajski » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:49 pm

I have a bug when using Amplify Color Volume,
I have a 3d mesh (map) with camera hovering above(camer is not able to turn around). I have a couple of Volume regions. when i quickly move beetwen Volumes, suddenly, in an instant; color goes gray. then in normal blend time it returns to proper Lut assigned to volume in which camera is in. I have tried using mix of Volumes and no volumes regions, i used overlapping and not overlapping volumes,and i have assigned different Priority to each volume, but problem still persist.

Please help

Im using Unity 5.02f1
MaciejBugajski

Re: When moving beetwen Volumes color goes gray

Postby MaciejBugajski » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:00 pm

Problem appers to occur when im quickly moving camera in to areas in which volumes overlap, but if volumes dont overlapp it is really hard to match them perfectly so other lut effects wont pop.
is there any fix?
MaciejBugajski

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:27 pm

Hello,

Thank you for using Amplify Color, we really appreciate it.

Would it be possible to test an example project with the mentioned issue on our side? We were unable to replicate the problem you described. In any case we recommend using the latest AC and Unity 5 version.

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby MaciejBugajski » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:42 pm

I'm afraid i cant share with you any part of that project, but after i have assigned unchanged lut file, to main amplify color postprocess, and changed in the same postprocess exit volume blend time from 0 to 5. Problem seems to disappear. Alas since problem have been appearing only occasionally, im not entirely sure if its gone for good. Ill be sure to let you know if the problem reappears
MaciejBugajski

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:20 pm

MaciejBugajski wrote:I'm afraid i cant share with you any part of that project, but after i have assigned unchanged lut file, to main amplify color postprocess, and changed in the same postprocess exit volume blend time from 0 to 5. Problem seems to disappear. Alas since problem have been appearing only occasionally, im not entirely sure if its gone for good. Ill be sure to let you know if the problem reappears

We can exchange info privately with an NDA but we understand if that is not a possibility. Can you think of anything else specific to your setup? Alternatively we recommend replicating the problem in an empty new project and sending us that instead.

In order to avoid abrupt color changes we recommend using a value higher than 0, 0.05 or 0.10 for example.

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Return to Amplify Color