Getting "Screenshot" button to render multiple cameras.

Advanced Color Grading for Unity Pro

Getting "Screenshot" button to render multiple cameras.

Postby dicey » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:18 pm

I have a setup where game GUI and some effects are rendered with their own cameras. Those cameras only clear depth, so stuff gets composited into the display buffer based on the camera's "Depth" field. One nice thing about this is that you can have an effects camera (bloom, Amplify Colour) on your last camera and the whole display buffer gets affected. This is nice because the effects are only run once, and it makes the resulting composite look cohesive.

Unfortunately, the screenshot feature of Amplify Colour only grabs the contents rendered by one camera, not what the actual runtime result of that camera's effect on the display buffer will be. The effects camera isn't actually rendering world geometry, so the screenshot sent to Photoshop will be empty.

Is there a way to have the screenshot reflect what the runtime result will be, taking previous (lower depth) cameras into account?

Do I have to manually make screenshots instead?

Thanks!
dicey

Re: Getting "Screenshot" button to render multiple cameras.

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:09 pm

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for using Amplify Color, we really appreciate it.

Multiple camera LUT creation is definitely something we would love to support in the near future, unfortunately depending on how it's constructed it might not be feasible for all setups; we will keep you posted on any new developments.

In this particular case I recommend setting up a single dummy camera in order to simplify the screenshot creation process.

We are always on the lookout for possible test cases, would it be possible to test your setup on our side using a project sample?

Thanks!

All the best,
Ricardo Teixeira
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Return to Amplify Color