Wrong version number in the asset metadata?

Advanced Color Grading for Unity Pro

Wrong version number in the asset metadata?

Postby hanneshogni » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:05 am

I just started using the excellent Assets Manager application to keep track of my Unity assets, and noticed that the version of my latest Amplify Color reported by that application is 1.6.6. When I open the "Amplify Color.unitypackage" file in a text editor I see the following metadata:

Code: Select all
{"link":{"id":"1894","type":"content"},"unity_version":"5.6.0f3","pubdate":"15 Jul 2018","version":"1.6.6","upload_id":"255910","version_id":"267297","category":{"id":"148","label":"Shaders/Fullscreen & Camera Effects"},"id":"1894","title":"Amplify Color","publisher":{"id":"707","label":"Amplify Creations"}}

It looks like I have the latest version, since it was published on July 15th and indicates Unity 5.6 as the earliest compatible Unity version, but the version number is clearly shown as 1.6.6, whereas the Asset Store says that the latest version is 1.8.0.

Is the metadata reporting the wrong version number?
hanneshogni

Re: Wrong version number in the asset metadata?

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:09 pm

hanneshogni wrote:I just started using the excellent Assets Manager application to keep track of my Unity assets, and noticed that the version of my latest Amplify Color reported by that application is 1.6.6. When I open the "Amplify Color.unitypackage" file in a text editor I see the following metadata:

Code: Select all
{"link":{"id":"1894","type":"content"},"unity_version":"5.6.0f3","pubdate":"15 Jul 2018","version":"1.6.6","upload_id":"255910","version_id":"267297","category":{"id":"148","label":"Shaders/Fullscreen & Camera Effects"},"id":"1894","title":"Amplify Color","publisher":{"id":"707","label":"Amplify Creations"}}

It looks like I have the latest version, since it was published on July 15th and indicates Unity 5.6 as the earliest compatible Unity version, but the version number is clearly shown as 1.6.6, whereas the Asset Store says that the latest version is 1.8.0.

Is the metadata reporting the wrong version number?

Thank you for reporting the issue, we'll pass it on to our developers.

In any case, you can confirm your package version under Window > Amplify Color > About.

Be sure to let us know if you have any additional questions.
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby hanneshogni » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:39 pm

Ricardo Teixeira wrote:...In any case, you can confirm your package version under Window > Amplify Color > About

Excellent, good to know! I have done this and verified that the version that "About" reports is 1.8.0 while the file meta data says 1.6.6. Thanks, this should be a relatively easy fix for the developers ;-)
hanneshogni

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:49 pm

hanneshogni wrote:
Ricardo Teixeira wrote:...In any case, you can confirm your package version under Window > Amplify Color > About

Excellent, good to know! I have done this and verified that the version that "About" reports is 1.8.0 while the file meta data says 1.6.6. Thanks, this should be a relatively easy fix for the developers ;-)

Much appreciated, thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Return to Amplify Color