Unity 5 Materials turn pink

Next-Gen Massive Virtual Texturing for Unity Pro

Unity 5 Materials turn pink

Postby EricRLA » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:12 pm

Hi,

I am evaluating the trial version of amplify texture 2. I am having a problem when I try to change the material from the standard shader to the amplify standard shader the material turns pink. I followed the unity 5 tutorial and made sure I took exact steps to setting it up. It happens with both the specular and metalic standard shaders in both beta 19 and beta 20. Any ideas on the problem? Thanks a lot!
EricRLA

Re: Unity 5 Materials turn pink

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:09 pm

Hello Eric,

Thank you for evaluating Amplify Texture 2.

Just to be sure, did you import the Unity 5 Shader Package included in the Third Party Folder? You should re-import the package with every AT2 update.

When you select one of the shader files, do you see any errors or warnings in the inspector tab?

Thank you.

All the best,
Ricardo Teixeira
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby EricRLA » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:19 am

Thanks for the reply! Importing the newest shader packed fixed the problem. It is working well now. I do have one more question for you. We do a lot of work with CAVE setups using a plugin called Middlevr. Would there be any issues in using AT2 in a multi camera setup like this? The typical configuration we use has a screen in the front with a screen on either side. All cameras are rendered in stereoscopic. Thanks again!
EricRLA

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:30 pm

Awesome, glad to know it's working now.

We have not personally tested it with MiddleVR but it should work. Amplify Texture 2 supports multiple cameras and custom setups. For example, the camera that determines which textures to stream doesn't necessarily needs to be the camera used to draw the view.

Have a quick look at section 9 (Multiple Cameras, Oculus VR & Compatible Devices) on the AT2 Manual and let us know if you have any questions regarding the process. Alternatively, send us a sample of you current project setup to [email protected], we would be happy to help debug any possible issues.
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Return to Amplify Texture 2 - Development Builds