Terrain Question

Next-Gen Massive Virtual Texturing for Unity Pro

Terrain Question

Postby Clazzid » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:05 pm

Hello i am currently evaluating and testing Amplify texture 2, i am testing on a 16x16 terrain tile grid, 256 terrains, each has its own "one image" colormap, when i create a virtual texture and a terrain material, the uv's on each terrain ocuppy the whole virtual texture, like your video demo does, how can i set up a terrain to display a given UV sector of the virtual texture? i need each terrain to have its own uv coords.
Any way to do this?
Clazzid

Re: Terrain Question

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:28 pm

Hello,

Our apologies for the delayed reply, I had to do a few tests.

In this particular case since you are using individual terrains the optimization gains provided by Multi-Tile UV Collections regarding draw call reduction are lost. By lost I mean specifically regarding multiple Terrains, you can still use large numbers of textures in a collection per-terrain and it will be treated as a single texture by AT2, regardless of the number of tiles or resolution.

It is possible to offset the UV’s via a custom Shader but we do not recommend it.

In this example we recommend using 1 Material per terrain.

Were you looking specifically into scene optimization or workflow simplification?

Talk to you soon.

All the best,
Ricardo Teixeira
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Return to Amplify Texture 2 - Development Builds