Multi Tile UV workflow [SOLVED]

Next-Gen Massive Virtual Texturing for Unity Pro

Multi Tile UV workflow [SOLVED]

Postby chapes » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:27 pm

Hi. Just beginning to figure out AT 2. Are there any videos or documents that describe the workflow for setting up the multi tile uv's with AT and Unity? I think I have correctly set up my Amplify Texture Manager with camera and virtual texture.

Do I need to first import all of my UDIM textures into Unity? And then in terms of materials, will one material handle all of the UDIM textures behind the scenes? Or do I need to create each material by hand ahead of time? I'm very new to Unity as well so I may be missing a basic workflow mechanic. Also is 4k the upper limit for each individual texture?

I see a Texture Grid in the Inspector for my AT/Diffuse material. Right now it says "Set texture slot Base to first tile in grid" and then "Unknown/Untiled".

Any help is greatly appreciated!
chapes

Re: Multi Tile UV workflow

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:56 am

Hello,

I cant seem to find your email on our database, contact me at [email protected] with your Order ID or Invoice and I will grant you access to the private AT2 forum.

In the forum you will find additional information regarding the setup and usage of AT2. As a product still in development, the workflow is subject to change, hence the lack of detailed public workflow information.

In any case, setting up AT2 with Multi-Tiles is very simple.

-Import all your patches (UDIM) into their specific folders
-Add the AT2 manager to scene
-Create the virtual texture and point it to the material folder you will be using.
-Add the object to your scene, using a AT2 shader, simply drag and drop the first tile in the collection to the appropriate slot (Diffuse, Normal etc).
-Hit Save to trigger the Virtual Texture Build.

The Unity limit per texture is 16k on windows and 8k on a mac, this will soon change.

Let me know if that helps,
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Re: Multi Tile UV workflow

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:07 pm

AT2 Temporary Manual

For additional information, check the "Multi-Tile UV Workflow" section.

Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any additional questions.
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Return to Amplify Texture 2 - Development Builds