B&W textures

Next-Gen Massive Virtual Texturing for Unity Pro

B&W textures

Postby nachooo » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:32 am

Hi, and greetings from Spain, I have been playing with amplify 2 in some terrains and aerial photos...with the last version, and it seems that when AT2 converts the textures, something strange happens..they appear in black and white and vertically inverted...Is this normal..what I am doing wrong?
Best regards
Nacho
nachooo

Re: B&W textures

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:55 pm

Hello neighbor, greetings form Portugal.

Thank you for evaluating AT2.

That sounds very similar to a texture resize related issue we fixed a couple of months ago. What is the format and size of the texture you used and what is your current Unity version?

It would be great if you could send us the texture for further testing. Alternatively, convert the texture into a common power of 2 texture size in an external editor and save it into TGA format. Since Amplify Texture 2 reads the texture directly from the file, simply changing its size in the inspector tab will not fix it.

Let us know if that fixes the problem, we would be happy to help sort it out.

Thank you for reporting the issue.

All the best,
Ricardo Teixeira
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby nachooo » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:45 pm

Hi again, thanks for your attention:). Yes you were right it was my fault, I added all textures in right size except the main one!!!. Now, it works nice. Just another question.. It will be possible to use the amplify textures in a normal mesh as a displacement (like a b&W heightmap) texture?
Fantastic software anyway, the best for terrains since the old daddy Vistapro ;)
Nacho
nachooo

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:00 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback, we will look into the issue. I’m happy to know that the temporary solution works for you, let us know if you run into any other issues.

Absolutely, AT2 supports virtualized displacement & tessellation. Check out our quick overview video: Demo Scene

Nice! I love procedural generators. Keep us posted, we look forward to your creations.

All the best,
Ricardo Teixeira
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Return to Amplify Texture 2 - Development Builds