Question about terms for shaders created in Amplify Shader

Node-based Shader Editor

Question about terms for shaders created in Amplify Shader

Postby Sentientv2 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:56 pm

Hey guys,

I'm a longtime user of Amplify Products but looking to get into Amplify Shader and use it to help me with my latest work in producing some Asset Store Assets. I was wondering where I could find the terms that would define my rights with respect to shaders created using your tool? Specifically, what are the legal obligations I would have if I wanted to package shaders I've made using the Amplify Shader tool into my own Asset Store packages. For reference, a similar discussion from a few years ago concerning Shader Forge's terms on the subject can be found here.

Let me know if that makes sense or if you have any follow up questions. Thanks for your time and keep up the good work!
Sentientv2

Re: Question about terms for shaders created in Amplify Shad

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:45 am

Sentientv2 wrote:Hey guys,

I'm a longtime user of Amplify Products but looking to get into Amplify Shader and use it to help me with my latest work in producing some Asset Store Assets. I was wondering where I could find the terms that would define my rights with respect to shaders created using your tool? Specifically, what are the legal obligations I would have if I wanted to package shaders I've made using the Amplify Shader tool into my own Asset Store packages. For reference, a similar discussion from a few years ago concerning Shader Forge's terms on the subject can be found here.

Let me know if that makes sense or if you have any follow up questions. Thanks for your time and keep up the good work!

Thank you for getting in touch, we really appreciate the support!

You own everything that you create with our editor, we don't have any terms of use on that. The only limitation is that you cannot distribute the editor it self, that is true to all Asset Store content.

You can distribute your own shaders, paid or free, and even your own nodes.

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Return to Amplify Shader Editor