Function not saving?

Node-based Shader Editor

Function not saving?

Postby jurassic_queer » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:58 pm

I'm trying to put together a grunge function based off the snow accumulation example shader, something that uses world space to apply a simple bit of dirt to objects. Functions seem like a pretty nice way to reuse and reduce clutter, but it doesn't appear to be saving.

Is there something I'm missing here? Anything I add aside from the three outputs doesn't carry through when I bring the function into a new graph, and if I close the tab and open the function again it's empty aside from the three output nodes. There's only one example function and even if I copy+paste that into a new function it doesn't save.

Also, how do you make comment frames?? I seem to have made one on accident and can copy+paste within the graph it lives in, but have no idea how it happened or how to recreate this. Frames are good! I'd like more of them, please!
jurassic_queer

Re: Function not saving?

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:02 pm

jurassic_queer wrote:Image

I'm trying to put together a grunge function based off the snow accumulation example shader, something that uses world space to apply a simple bit of dirt to objects. Functions seem like a pretty nice way to reuse and reduce clutter, but it doesn't appear to be saving.

Is there something I'm missing here? Anything I add aside from the three outputs doesn't carry through when I bring the function into a new graph, and if I close the tab and open the function again it's empty aside from the three output nodes. There's only one example function and even if I copy+paste that into a new function it doesn't save.

Also, how do you make comment frames?? I seem to have made one on accident and can copy+paste within the graph it lives in, but have no idea how it happened or how to recreate this. Frames are good! I'd like more of them, please!

Hello,

Thank you for using ASE, we really appreciate it. That's definitely not supposed to happen, can you share your shader function for further testing? After saving it would be ideal, that way we could examine the generated code.

Which ASE and Unity version are you using?

Looking forward to your reply, thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby jurassic_queer » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:14 pm

I feel ridiculous right now! Perforce checked my file back in while I was working, that's why it wasn't saving! Oh my gosh. It's working perfectly fine now, but thank you so much for the fast reply!

Though as long as you're here, could you answer my second question about creating comment frames? I'd love to know how to do it intentionally.
jurassic_queer

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:21 pm

jurassic_queer wrote:I feel ridiculous right now! Perforce checked my file back in while I was working, that's why it wasn't saving! Oh my gosh. It's working perfectly fine now, but thank you so much for the fast reply!
Though as long as you're here, could you answer my second question about creating comment frames? I'd love to know how to do it intentionally.

Hello,

No problem, feel free to contact us any time, we are always happy to help. My apologies, I failed to include that last part in my reply. Place your cursor in the canvas and press C to create a comment box, alternatively you can press C with a few nodes selected to add them to the comment box automatically.

Be sure to check the ASE wiki for additional Hotkey information.

ASE Wiki - Hotkeys

Thanks!
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby jurassic_queer » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:28 pm

Thanks so much!
jurassic_queer

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:39 pm

jurassic_queer wrote:Thanks so much!

No problem!
Ricardo Teixeira

Return to Amplify Shader Editor