Expose parameters to change UV set

Node-based Shader Editor

Expose parameters to change UV set

Postby jurassic_queer » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:08 pm

Is there a way to expose the UV set parameters so they can be swapped in the material? I know they can be changed all over the place within the editor, but I haven't seen a way to expose that the way you can with a lot of other things.
jurassic_queer

Re: Expose parameters to change UV set

Postby Amplify_Borba » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:22 am

jurassic_queer wrote:Is there a way to expose the UV set parameters so they can be swapped in the material? I know they can be changed all over the place within the editor, but I haven't seen a way to expose that the way you can with a lot of other things.

Hello!

Even though it's not possible to change the UV Set ID as if it were a property on the Texture Coordinates node, you may use one or more toggle switches to alternate between Texture Coordinate nodes with different ID's or, as an alternative, use one Lerp node instead of the toggle.

Please let me know if this helps you out, thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby jurassic_queer » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:07 pm

Ah, that seems like it'll work for now. It'd be nice to be able change that as a property, but this will probably be a good workaround for now at least. Thank you for this!
jurassic_queer

Postby Amplify_Borba » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:53 pm

jurassic_queer wrote:Ah, that seems like it'll work for now. It'd be nice to be able change that as a property, but this will probably be a good workaround for now at least. Thank you for this!

Sadly, given the way that shaders work, it won't be possible to expose and use UV Set ID's in similar fashion to other properties.

Still, I'm glad that the workaround works for you!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor