Amplify shader editor not showing up in window after import

Node-based Shader Editor

Amplify shader editor not showing up in window after import

Postby rustychops » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:03 am

Hey there

I finally got around to adding amplify shader to my project. However, nothing I seem to do will make it show up under window. If I create a new project and import amplify it works, but with my current project it does not and im not sure why.

Is there any steps you can recommend I try to fix this? Iv tried re-importing and reopening unity. Nothing seems to work : (

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Attachments
noAmplifyShader.jpg
noAmplifyShader.jpg (208.82 KiB) Viewed 2475 times
rustychops

Re: Amplify shader editor not showing up in window after imp

Postby Amplify_Borba » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:48 am

Hello, thank you for getting in touch and for your support!

It seems that it might be caused by a conflicting identical class name without a namespace specific to your project, it is always good practice for classes to be declared inside a proper namespace to ensure this issue doesn't happen with other plugins.

Just in case, I've tested the latest ASE version with Unity's Substance plugin and everything is compiling as expected.

I would suggest that you first delete the ASE folder and reopen Unity, then check if there are any errors present in the project, as these might interfere with the package importer. Then, after resolving any errors present, download the latest ASE version from our website and extract it into your project.

If the issue persists, either use Visual Studio to locate where the conflict is or using a new project with only ASE installed import your current project's packages one by one until the culprit is found.
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor