HDRP and PS4 support

Node-based Shader Editor

HDRP and PS4 support

Postby cAyou » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:40 pm

Hi there !
We are currently making a title for the PS4, and we made some custom shaders using ASE. They work well on PC but fail to compile when targetting the PS4.

Errors like this:
Code: Select all
Shader error in 'Dome_Energy': Program 'Frag', storage class 'uniform' may not be used in this context at line 95 (on ps4)

Compiling Fragment program
Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR

Shader error in 'Dome_Energy': Program 'Frag', expected '}' after constant buffer at line 750 (on ps4)

Compiling Fragment program with UNITY_PASS_SHADOWCASTER
Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR

versions: Unity 2018.3.0f2, HDRP 4.6.0 and ASE v1.6.1.003.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks !
cAyou

Re: HDRP and PS4 support

Postby Amplify_Borba » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:38 am

Hey there, thank you for taking the time to report this issue!

Could you please send us a simple sample with the issue present through [email protected], so that we can run some tests using the same data?

On a sidenote, due to the holidays it might take a while longer for us to get back to you regarding this issue, but we'll definitely look into is as soon as possible.
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby cAyou » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:16 pm

Will do it !
Thank you and happy holidays :)
cAyou

Postby Amplify_Borba » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:55 pm

Thank you for taking the time to prepare a sample for us, happy holidays!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby cAyou » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:42 pm

Oh, just a quick question, is there any option to set to activate PS4 support? Back then when I was using Shaderforge, I had to activate the support for PS4 and Xbox one platforms.
cAyou

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:01 pm

cAyou wrote:Oh, just a quick question, is there any option to set to activate PS4 support? Back then when I was using Shaderforge, I had to activate the support for PS4 and Xbox one platforms.

I believe we have all platforms toggled by default on the Standard Surface Shader type.
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Ricardo Teixeira

Return to Amplify Shader Editor