[BUG] "Additional Use Passes" getting randomly deleted??

Node-based Shader Editor

[BUG] "Additional Use Passes" getting randomly deleted??

Postby jake_from_bend » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:36 pm

Some of our shaders rely on an outline pass from a different shader, using the "Additional Use Passes" feature.
It works great. No complaints.
However, there seems to be a bug with ASE when i leave the shader graph open in the editor and hit "Play." (i'm honestly not certain if those conditions are relevant, but i've only ever noticed this happening while both of those are true.)
Every so often, i'll notice that my "Additional Use Pass" instruction is gone after playing in editor.

Unfortunately, i'm unable to come up with a reliable set of repro steps, but i was wondering if anybody has reported anything similar?

Here's specifically what seems to be happening:

1. Amplify shader points to pass from a different shader:
usepassA.JPG
usepassA.JPG (13.62 KiB) Viewed 1323 times

2. I play the game in editor with the shader graph open in ASE...

3. Pass gets removed from the shader somehow:
usepassB.JPG
usepassB.JPG (12.78 KiB) Viewed 1323 times
jake_from_bend

Re: [BUG] "Additional Use Passes" getting randomly deleted??

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:07 pm

jake_from_bend wrote:Some of our shaders rely on an outline pass from a different shader, using the "Additional Use Passes" feature.
It works great. No complaints.
However, there seems to be a bug with ASE when i leave the shader graph open in the editor and hit "Play." (i'm honestly not certain if those conditions are relevant, but i've only ever noticed this happening while both of those are true.)
Every so often, i'll notice that my "Additional Use Pass" instruction is gone after playing in editor.

Unfortunately, i'm unable to come up with a reliable set of repro steps, but i was wondering if anybody has reported anything similar?

Here's specifically what seems to be happening:

1. Amplify shader points to pass from a different shader:
usepassA.JPG

2. I play the game in editor with the shader graph open in ASE...

3. Pass gets removed from the shader somehow:
usepassB.JPG

Interesting issue, I was able to replicate it once. Thankfully, it seems to be specific to the UI as the shader itself keeps the pass.

We'll pass it on to our developers for further examination.

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Return to Amplify Shader Editor