How can I make shader work in Single Path Stereo Rendering?

Node-based Shader Editor

How can I make shader work in Single Path Stereo Rendering?

Postby Snail921 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:48 am

Hi.
I have just bougth ASE and made a simple custom light shader while learning from sample shaders.
First it looked working great but I found the shader did not working properly when I run my project on OculusGO. I found that it worked well on multi path rendering mode but not on single path stereo rendering.
Anyone please teach me what to do and what not to do to make my shader working on single path stereo rendering, please.
Snail921

Re: How can I make shader work in Single Path Stereo Renderi

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:16 pm

Snail921 wrote:Hi.
I have just bougth ASE and made a simple custom light shader while learning from sample shaders.
First it looked working great but I found the shader did not working properly when I run my project on OculusGO. I found that it worked well on multi path rendering mode but not on single path stereo rendering.
Anyone please teach me what to do and what not to do to make my shader working on single path stereo rendering, please.

Greetings,

Welcome aboard, we hope you enjoy using ASE.

Unfortunately, we don't have an OculusGO, we're not aware of specific requirements.

In any case, Standard Surface Shaders should hopefully work out of the box while custom lighting/templates might require a few adjustments depending on the intended result as you would with coded shaders.

Can you share a simple example for further examination? We would be happy to give it a go in our Vive, hopefully it's something we can replicate.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby Snail921 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:08 pm

Hi Ricardo,

Thank you for your reply. Yes I really enjoy learning about ASE!

First of all, I must apologize my inaccurate description regarding functionality of ASE on single stereo path rendering.
I should have said that the issue happened when I run my custom light shader on OculusGO with single stereo path mode.

img 1. The Image on the Editor and I see on the Oculus Rift
img 2. The image I took with my in app camera (OculusGO)
img 3. and this is the actual image I see through OculusGO
As you can see in the image above, the shadow is rendered but the model itself is not rendered.
img 4. Here is the nodes of the shader
and the link to the shader...
https://drive.google.com/open?id=17Dnbpm9NE8QKnBGSxYVC2J5ycAaFPY4w
Hope these information help you to investigate this issue.

By the way, does ASE have any function to capture all nodes into a single crisp image? I see those nice images on the internet but I could not find the way to do it...
Snail921

Postby Amplify_Borba » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:12 pm

Thank you for providing additional details together with a sample, we'll register this issue for the developer to investigate as soon as possible.

Regarding your question, the screenshots you find online are likely taken using third party applications since we provide no such feature at this time.

We'll be sure to get back in touch as soon as we have any developments to share.
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby Snail921 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:25 am

Your welcome.
I will be waiting for updates!
Snail921

Return to Amplify Shader Editor