Blend modes on projectors

Node-based Shader Editor

Blend modes on projectors

Postby m0og0o » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:32 am

Hi all,

I'm looking for help with a projector shader with 'transparency' I'm trying to write. I seem to be only able to apply the color additively or multiplicatively, and as such get transparency by setting the alternative color to white or black. I would rather like to override the color instead with alpha cut out (it's for an indication marker on the ground, similar to a WoW Spell placement projector.)

Anyone have an idea of how I would instead override/overlay the color on to the surface with transparency?

Thanks for your time.
Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (80.96 KiB) Viewed 658 times
m0og0o

Re: Blend modes on projectors

Postby Amplify_Borba » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:04 am

Hello, it will depend on how you've set up your shader, so you'll have to share more information such as a screenshot of the node setup or preferably the shader itself in order for us to best help you.

Also, what do you mean by overriding the color with alpha cut out?

We also have two Projector samples that you can find in the 'AmplifyShaderEditor \ Examples \ Official \ Projectors' folder which might provide some insight on this particular technique, and the ProjectorLight one has a color property that can be changed.
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor