Custom Lighting model in HDRP

Node-based Shader Editor

Custom Lighting model in HDRP

Postby nehvaleem » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:02 pm

HI,

is it possible to achieve custom lighting in ASE using HDRP (or LWRP)? I cannot get it to work, light attenuation node shows a warning and master node don't have custom lighting input. If it's not possible atm - do you have plans to support it? I really need this so if it won't be possible I have to consider back to built-in pipeline.

thanks in advance
nehvaleem

Re: Custom Lighting model in HDRP

Postby Amplify_Borba » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:48 pm

Hello, thank you for getting in touch and for your support!

It's definitely possible but it will require you to manually perform the lighting calculations yourself, which might be hard to tackle since you have less lighting nodes to work with, as some of those that we provide are not compatible with the SRP.
The Color port in the main output node may be used to receive the final output of your calculations for this as well.

Regarding the warning, some of our lighting nodes are only compatible with the Custom Lighting mode for the Standard shader, you can find more information in the light nodes wiki pages. This also means that they can't be used in other contexts, such as other templates.

We do have plans to add SRP specific nodes that will assist users in creating custom lighting as in the Custom Lighting mode, but I'm afraid that we don't have any ETA regarding that at this time, apologies for the inconvenience.
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor