[SOLVED] using Transform Position, object black in game

Node-based Shader Editor

[SOLVED] using Transform Position, object black in game

Postby kyleyoungblom » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:19 am

I want to use object position to randomize a UV value to pick a color from a swatch texture. My shader looks as expected in editor, but in the game window it appears black. The only way I've managed to get it to appear correct is by changing the camera rendering path to Legacy Deferred (light prepass). Any ideas what might be causing this?

Untitled-3.jpg
Untitled-3.jpg (116.77 KiB) Viewed 1652 times
Last edited by kyleyoungblom on Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kyleyoungblom

Re: using Transform Position, object appears black in game

Postby Amplify_Borba » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:53 pm

Hello, the node setup that you've shared seems to be working correctly on my side, I've tested with the shader's Render Path set to All, and the Camera's Rendering Path set to Forward, Deferred and Legacy Deferred.

I did notice that you are using the shader mode in the ASE canvas, please ensure that you double click on the material using that shader to edit it in material mode, so that any changes made to it will automatically affect all materials using it.

If possible, please share a simple sample with the issue present for us to debug, thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby kyleyoungblom » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:42 pm

Hello, thanks for your reply. I exported my shader+material into a new project, and it shows up properly, so I imagine it's something to do with the project settings? I tried copying over the new GraphicsSettings and QualitySettings assets to my old project, but I'm still seeing the same issue.
kyleyoungblom

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:09 pm

Does the issue persist if you create a new scene?

Are there any warnings or errors in the console?

If there were any errors in the console at the time you imported ASE into your project, its possible that certain files might've failed to import properly, if this is the case please try to deal with any errors before re-importing ASE.
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby kyleyoungblom » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:35 pm

Figured it out! It was kind of obvious in retrospect; I needed to disable batching.
kyleyoungblom

Return to Amplify Shader Editor