Blending 2 shaders?

Node-based Shader Editor

Blending 2 shaders?

Postby PaperMartin » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:52 pm

I don't understand how this guy managed to blend his character & shield shader together and couldn't get together
Link
how would one go about this? does amplify make it any easier?
PaperMartin

Re: Blending 2 shaders?

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:00 pm

Hello, thank you for getting in touch!

From what I can tell by the screenshot shared, he simply added 2 materials to the same mesh:

You do not require ASE to do this, simply set the Size parameter to the number of desired materials that you want to blend together in the same mesh and drag each material over to each element slot.

Ideally, you could achieve a more performant and flexible result by creating a single multi-pass shader rather than using several shaders.
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby PaperMartin » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:53 pm

Amplify_Borba wrote:Hello, thank you for getting in touch!

From what I can tell by the screenshot shared, he simply added 2 materials to the same mesh:

You do not require ASE to do this, simply set the Size parameter to the number of desired materials that you want to blend together in the same mesh and drag each material over to each element slot.

Ideally, you could achieve a more performant and flexible result by creating a single multi-pass shader rather than using several shaders.

Thank you! I didn't know it was that simple
it does seem odd since you can already have multiple materials on a mesh without necessarely having the material both cover the entire mesh but instead different faces each.
PaperMartin

Postby naitoookami » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:12 am

From what it looks like from the media you shared I believe you could do this in Amplify quite easily using the Outline node with the culling set to back instead of front. After that you can feed whatever effects you want straight into the outline.
naitoookami

Return to Amplify Shader Editor