Multipass features needed:

Node-based Shader Editor

Multipass features needed:

Postby RobRamsay » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:18 pm

Easy add extra passes via a frag/vertex output node or an easy way to make templates without entering code :)

I noticed I cant see any shadows cast or recieved with my Multipass shaders, is there something I need to enable?

Does multi-pass act or support custom lighting?

I am attempting to make a shader that supports a 3 or 4 pass multipass and shadow cast/receive from a directional light.

Here is a video of that: https://youtu.be/peICve7hNQ8
RobRamsay

Re: Multipass features needed:

Postby Amplify_Borba » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:54 pm

Hello Rob, it's definitely in our plans to continuously improve our shader template system as it matures, and to make it as artist friendly as possible!

Multipass templates can support most features, you may refer to the MultiPassUnlit template for the necessary code and pass responsible for the shadows:

Code: Select all
#if ASE_SHADOWS
                    #if UNITY_VERSION >= 560
                        UNITY_TRANSFER_SHADOW( o, v.texcoord );
                    #else
                        TRANSFER_SHADOW( o );
                    #endif
                #endif

It includes several passes as well, including the ShadowCaster which is necessary for the shadows, and the ForwardBase which is needed if you want support for Point Lights, for example.
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby RobRamsay » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:36 pm

Okay, many thanks.

I still have no idea though.

Just want my shader to have shadows. I used the double pass unlit, copied it and added a third pass.

The MultipassUnlit is different, it has some gbuffer nodes which I dont know how to use.

Sorry the code side is alien to me.

I can see I have the ability to have shadows now though, which is nice, but how would I go about adding passes to this shader and also, the point light attenuation seems to come to a stark line as it fades to black then looks like the directional light is over amplified.

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (102.09 KiB) Viewed 2094 times
RobRamsay

Postby RobRamsay » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:00 pm

If anyone can help with my Shader to add shadows for the Bush and Grass shaders
SoftworldShader_2 + _3. (triple pass unlit, adapted from the double pass unlit template)
SoftWorldShader_4 is just a test of me trying to get the shadows and light to work but no luck, see previous post.

Appreciate it, thanks.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HH4fIO5C6c-CPQtQ99flPT4gbIhyWsYt
RobRamsay

Postby Amplify_Borba » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:18 pm

I highly recommend that you read through our templates documentation as it's important to fully understand its inner workings before attempting to create or edit templates.

Examining the templates we offer is also a good way of improving your understanding of shader code, and experimenting is definitely key to mastering this feature.

I'm afraid I can't provide much more help other than pointing you the right way here, so please refer to my previous post as it contains the necessary information to achieve what you need.
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby RobRamsay » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:08 pm

Okay, no problem. I'm sure I'll figure it all out in time :)
RobRamsay

Postby Amplify_Borba » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:20 pm

Thank you for understanding, please let us know if you come across any sort of issue or if you have any other questions!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor