Deprecated due to another thread.

Node-based Shader Editor

Deprecated due to another thread.

Postby giantkiller3d » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:51 am

I had the in the wrong part of the forum so I moved that here.
I imported a sphere from Wings 3d and I apply the hologram simple to it and it works! I even changed some some of the nodes and that worked. I then replace the shader with the forceShield shader and this has the undulating shape, the lighted rim but the pattern of the hexagrid seems to be huge as I only see the center color of a grid cell and not the whole pattern as shown in the Shield Main Pattern group.
I am not sure what to do. My focus seems to be on this group though and some of the nodes in that group.
If I can get this to work my knowledge would increase a thousand fold.
I come from the background of 3d modeling. Yesterday I had an epiphany of simply creating simple models and switching my detail over to shaders. My mind exploded with advances. I can add way more detail in the unity models with less work!

https://youtu.be/PDoTzM0QJ0o

The video capture didn't get the motion but the middle sphere flickers on and off as one big dot of color. I can never seem to get the pattern on the object in a number of different tests I have done. I followed the demo on the
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anB5WbjLeYU @ 10seconds. In the ASE the textures move and I can see the patterns but not on the gameobjects.
I would love to solve this problem but don't know where to look. I can not find where this has been addressed.
Otherwise this is a fine product that takes some development effort to get the effects one might want. The easiest way is to start out just copying what you find.

Management sees this demo, buys package, throws it on my desk and states 'Make some magic'.
This prince has turned into a frog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvDTVTnZMmw

Another day thrashing through an interface.
This is getting exhaustive.

If it is me or my ignorance I will delete this post and video when I get a solution to this problem and review ASE in the asset store.
I am sure hoping it does not need FBXs to work. Like I posted. I have an imported object from Wings3d that works with the Hologram simple shared material.
Last edited by giantkiller3d on Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
giantkiller3d

Re: Working shaders with different problems

Postby Amplify_Borba » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:06 pm

Hello, no problem at all, I've just got back to your other post about one hour ago ( as I hadn't seen this one yet ) so we can keep our conversation going there if that's fine with you!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor