IOS troubles, Need help

Node-based Shader Editor

IOS troubles, Need help

Postby mememe1717 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:26 pm

Hey, guys, I create an AR app for IOS. In my app I use a slightly modified amplify water shader https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU-iAEZfK4o. As I have understood, foam and depth effect works only when shadows on the direction light enabled. So on the old IPad(2015) -- this shader looks good, but on new IPad(2017) and Iphone 8 this shader looks like shadows disabled on the scene, but they are enabled. Shadows works in editor, on the old IPad, but on on the new IPad they didn't. I use the same project/quality/graphic settings and the same build. I have taken logs and they have shown that shadows works, but new IPad did not visualise it. As I know new IPad have different hardware -- processor. And It looks weird to me that new IPad doesn't support shadows. I need help and an advice, cause deadline is coming.

1)https://pasteboard.co/I4W2Gpb.png -- How build works on the old IPad
2)https://pasteboard.co/I4W3mMB.png -- How the same build works on the new IPad and IPhone
mememe1717

Re: IOS troubles, Need help

Postby mememe1717 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:13 am

UPDATE: I have found trouble in ARkit camera and ARkit plugin. With standard camera everything works, but when ARkit camera starts -- foam effect brokes. Do you any ideas how to resolve it?
mememe1717

Postby Amplify_Borba » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:19 pm

Hello, thank you for getting in touch and for your support!

Can you confirm that the issue only occurs when using the ARKit camera and only in the build, not in the editor?

Also, can you share a simple sample with the issue present for us to debug on our side using the same data as you?
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby mememe1717 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:56 am

Thank you for your reply, guys.

I have found a solution!! In the water shader now I use a "depth fade node" instead "screen position + screen depth nodes". And it works! I think that pair "screen position + screen depth" have a conflict with ARKit camera, but it's only my suggestion.
mememe1717

Postby Amplify_Borba » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:11 am

No problem, thank you for letting us know you've found a workaround and sharing your solution!

Please let us know if you come across any further issues or have any other questions.
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor