Terrain Shader 2018.3 Issue

Node-based Shader Editor

Terrain Shader 2018.3 Issue

Postby londonstevey » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:08 pm

Hi,
Loving your shaders!! I think there's a bug with the new terrain instanced one though. Using one of existing terrain shaders and selecting instanced terrain, the terrain itself shifts up by a few units.
Its not too bad on a low terrain, 300 height for instance seems to shift up by a few cm. But on my mountains which are 3000m, the terrain shifts up by a couple of meters. (the collider is still where it should be, so you disappear into the terrain)
To reproduce:
Create a terrain, select "Instanced", raise it by a large amount. Zoom in on the top. Select custom shader, and select the "TerrainSnowCoverageFirstPass" (after turning on terrain instance in the shader) and you'll see the terrain height increase.

I've also noticed that if you're using the instancing you need to select the "Instanced Terrain" on the BaseTerrain as well, which i assume is expected.
Thanks

Steve
londonstevey

Re: Terrain Shader 2018.3 Issue

Postby Amplify_Borba » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:24 am

Hello Steve, unfortunately I was unable to replicate the issue on my side:

Are you using the latest ASE version?

Could you please share a simple sample with the issue present?
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby londonstevey » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:38 am

Hi,
Its when you increase the height. A flat terrain doesn't show it, create a terrain thats 3000 height for instance and you'll see it immediately.
On another point, is there a way of getting email notifications when you get a reply. As I've only just come back here and seen this unfortunately, so sorry for the delay! :D
PS yes I am using the latest version
londonstevey

Postby Amplify_Borba » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:51 pm

Thank you for providing further details, however, we still can't seem to be able to replicate the issue, so we assume it might be project specific.

In the gif below the terrain has a height of 5000 and has instancing on for both terrain and shader:

We'll need a sample with the issue present in order to be able to assist you with this one, please share a simple project with the issue present through [email protected].

Also, you'll need to subscribe to the topic in order to get a notification, there's a button for that below the posts.
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby londonstevey » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:12 pm

Hi,
Thanks for the reply and the subscribe tip! Yes it looks like something I've done, apologies for that, I'm editing a custom 4 splat function and think that must be the issue. I'll look into it now.
Thanks for your help.
Steve
londonstevey

Postby Amplify_Borba » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:55 pm

No problem, happy to help!

Don't hesitate to let us know if you come across any further issues or have any questions.
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor