LWRP transparency problem

Node-based Shader Editor

LWRP transparency problem

Postby Tonieh » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:31 pm

Hi! I'm using the version 1.6.3 with Unity 2018.3

I want to make an transparency effect with the camera distance to the object, I use the "Dithering" example. If the alpha value is 1 the material is opaque but it render the shadows from behind :shock: .

Using the Unity default LWRP simpleLit with transparency works fine.
What i'm doing wrong?
Last edited by Tonieh on Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tonieh

Re: LWRP transparency problem

Postby Tonieh » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:53 pm

Update:
I install Unity 2019.1 and the issue was solved, but now I have a name problem in the shader: "_ShadowBias" and the shadow looks weird

Tonieh

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:24 am

Hello, unfortunately we don't officially support Unity 2019 as it's still in Beta.

You'll have to turn off the Receive Shadows parameter in the Main Output node in order to correct this behavior:

This behavior is also present in Unity's Lit and Simple Lit LW templates if shadow receiving is toggled in in the material properties.
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby Tonieh » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:45 pm

Thanks for the response.
I don't have the "receive shadows checkbox" :cry:

My main problem is with the LWRP in Unity 2018.3 with the shadows behind the character

Tonieh

Postby Amplify_Borba » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:51 am

You must be using an outdated version of ASE and, as such, I recommend that you update to the latest one through our website.

After updating be sure to extract the LW templates package in order to update the shader templates as well, and please let us know if this helps.
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby Tonieh » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:45 pm

Amplify_Borba wrote:You must be using an outdated version of ASE and, as such, I recommend that you update to the latest one through our website.

After updating be sure to extract the LW templates package in order to update the shader templates as well, and please let us know if this helps.

Yep, I didn't update the template.
Thanks!!
Tonieh

Postby Amplify_Borba » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:37 pm

No problem, we're always happy to help!

Have you had the chance to rate and review Amplify Shader Editor? It would be awesome if you could share your experience with the Unity community, every bit helps and your feedback is extremely valuable to us.

Feel free to get back in touch if you come across any issues or have any further questions, thanks!
Amplify_Borba

Postby Tonieh » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:12 pm

Amplify_Borba wrote:No problem, we're always happy to help!

Have you had the chance to rate and review Amplify Shader Editor? It would be awesome if you could share your experience with the Unity community, every bit helps and your feedback is extremely valuable to us.

Feel free to get back in touch if you come across any issues or have any further questions, thanks!

Off course!!.. 5 stars <3
Tonieh

Return to Amplify Shader Editor