errors with ASEPPSHelperTool.cs

Node-based Shader Editor

errors with ASEPPSHelperTool.cs

Postby auandi » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:44 pm

So I have been trying to figure out how to fix this and can't find a way. I am in a new project with only Amplify Shader Editor installed, no other packages. But I get two errors both with:

Assets/AmplifyShaderEditor/Plugins/Editor/Utils/ASEPPSHelperTool.cs

One says:

The type or namespace name `PostProcessing' does not exist in the namespace `UnityEngine.Rendering'

another says:

The type or namespace name `PostProcessEvent' could not be found

I am not sure if this is a problem with Unity (I'm on version 2018.3.8f1) but something is not right. Does anyone know what might be wrong?
auandi

Re: errors with ASEPPSHelperTool.cs

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:55 pm

Hello, apologies for the delay in our response!

This issue might be happening because you probably had the Post-Processing Stack previously installed on your project.
The way we enable our Post-Processing Stack Tool to be active is through a Scripting Define Symbol which is set by Unity when the PPS is installed ( UNITY_POST_PROCESSING_STACK_V2 ).
Unfortunately, if the PPS is removed afterwards, that symbol stays registered.

You do not require to have the PPS installed because of ASE, so the next time this error occurs what you can do is check your Player Settings, more specifically the Scripting Define Symbol text area on the Other Settings and see if the UNITY_POST_PROCESSING_STACK_V2 is written over there. If so, and if you don't have the PPS installed you can remove it from there.

Please let us know if this helps!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor