Set Light based on Normal map?

Node-based Shader Editor

Set Light based on Normal map?

Postby tidlon » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:55 pm

Hello I have an issue with a shader I downloaded for free, the shader work perfectly, but I have an issue with the lightning, I want the lightning to be based on the Texture "normal map", but currently its not doing that, I will show you in this picture what I mean Image
https://imgur.com/a/r8EOd3S

The issue here is that I want the shadow to cover the whole flat areas around the rock, but currently I think its making the lightning and shadow based on the geometry instead of the texture... I might do everything wrong, but maybe you understand what I mean and could help me, I would love it.

Here is a picture of my Shader node
https://imgur.com/g8jDZGc

https://imgur.com/wOGTVL3
tidlon

Re: Set Light based on Normal map?

Postby tidlon » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:07 am

Anyone? :D
tidlon

Postby Amplify_Borba » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:07 pm

Hey there, this shader is one of our included samples, and as any of them its meant as a starting point to build your own effects and to provide basic examples on different effects and techniques.

If you want lighting to behave in a specific way through a Custom Lighting setup, I recommend that you check out our Light Nodes wiki page for more information regarding what each node does before making any adjustments to the shader.
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby tidlon » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:27 am

Hey thanks for your answer!

Yeah I know about the wiki, I've actually already been looking through those Light nodes, and also tried to connect different variations of them to different connections, my issue is that I have never worked with shaders before, so I dont actually know where to put these nodes or where to connect them... pls help :P
tidlon

Postby Amplify_Borba » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:25 am

Apologies but we can't offer support for custom shader development, custom lighting is quite complex and an advanced endeavour to tackle if you're new to shader development.

I strongly recommend looking into a few Shader Development books, especially Alan Zucconi's tutorials ( starting with the Gentle Introduction to Shaders ) and his much praised Shaders and Effects Cookbook.
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor