Double-Side Material

Node-based Shader Editor

Double-Side Material

Postby Arturo SR » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:12 pm

Hello and good day, I was trying to make a Double-Side shader without result, there's a way to achieve that?, comparing it with other tools I notice that your method it's using the surf function instead doing it with vert-frac functions, I tried modifying the code but only end with many errors, so, how could this be done within your tool?, for your time, thanks.
Arturo SR

Re: Double-Side Material

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:21 pm

Arturo SR wrote:Hello and good day, I was trying to make a Double-Side shader without result, there's a way to achieve that?, comparing it with other tools I notice that your method it's using the surf function instead doing it with vert-frac functions, I tried modifying the code but only end with many errors, so, how could this be done within your tool?, for your time, thanks.

Hello,

You can make a double sided material by setting the Cull Mode to Off; you can also alternate between Back and Front Culling.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby Arturo SR » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:45 pm

Sorry to say this, but, that I already know it, what I'm talking about it's to do a shader with double-side view, which on each side shows a different texture or just a simply color, I just don't want to show the same texture each side (talking about using 'Cull Off'), I'm sorry if I do not make myself clear before, once again thanks for your time and for your quick response.
Arturo SR

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:49 pm

Arturo SR wrote:Sorry to say this, but, that I already know it, what I'm talking about it's to do a shader with double-side view, which on each side shows a different texture or just a simply color, I just don't want to show the same texture each side (talking about using 'Cull Off'), I'm sorry if I do not make myself clear before, once again thanks for your time and for your quick response.

I understand, thank you for elaborating. For something like that, you would need multi-pass support. Unfortunately, ASE currently does not provide a way to create multi-pass shaders.

We will let you know as soon as we have any related developments.

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Return to Amplify Shader Editor