Problems with shadows

Node-based Shader Editor

Problems with shadows

Postby okoto » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:24 am

I am currently stuck without knowing how to blend or multiply the shadow of unity in my material.
Detail: I am not using Albedo because it generates an undesirable light.
Maybe it's easy to solve by writing straight into shader but I'm pretty noob with it.
Anyone have any idea which way to go?
Attachments
Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_3.png (194.37 KiB) Viewed 3206 times
okoto

Re: Problems with shadows

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:05 am

okoto wrote:I am currently stuck without knowing how to blend or multiply the shadow of unity in my material.
Detail: I am not using Albedo because it generates an undesirable light.
Maybe it's easy to solve by writing straight into shader but I'm pretty noob with it.
Anyone have any idea which way to go?

Hello,

Thank you for using the Amplify Shader editor, we really appreciate it. Just to be sure that we are on the same page, do you want to alter the way the shadow is drawn over the floor or are you referring to self-shadowing?

For more advanced control you might need Custom Lighting support, it should be available soon.

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby okoto » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:13 pm

I would like to project the global shadow on my material. Basically if there was a function called the World Space Shadow Direction it would have to solve in a similar way to what I projected the light. But I'm not sure it works that way xD.
okoto

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:02 pm

okoto wrote:I would like to project the global shadow on my material. Basically if there was a function called the World Space Shadow Direction it would have to solve in a similar way to what I projected the light. But I'm not sure it works that way xD.

Hello,

Thank you for the additional information, we really appreciate it. I'm not entirely sure that I understand what you mean. All shadowing is handled by Unity, including self-shadowing, and it works just as any other Standard Unity shader. Can you please elaborate? We would be happy to help based on your information.

For reference, here is a default shader with shadows enabled.

Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby okoto » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:24 pm

Somehow i need to get the info from where the shadow goes over my mesh turning shadow into an flat color.
Using Albedo vs Emissive as output.
Attachments
Screenshot_10.jpg
Basically i still want to get the information from the shadow but tell how it will behave in my material.
Screenshot_10.jpg (227.63 KiB) Viewed 3192 times
okoto

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:43 pm

okoto wrote:Somehow i need to get the info from where the shadow goes over my mesh turning shadow into an flat color.

Thank you for elaborating. I don't think that it will be possible without custom lighting, it should be available soon.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:14 pm

okoto wrote:Somehow i need to get the info from where the shadow goes over my mesh turning shadow into an flat color.

Hello,

Happy to announce that custom lighting support is now available. Be sure to check out the update post. You can download the latest version directly from our website using your Asset Store invoice number.

Amplify Products - Download

Looking forward to your feedback.

Thanks!
Ricardo Teixeira

Return to Amplify Shader Editor