Hue Node

Node-based Shader Editor

Hue Node

Postby geaguirre80 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:23 pm

Hi, I'm trying to translate one of my shader from Shader Forge to ASE, but I can't find a"Hue" node, which outputs an RGB color given a Hue.

Thanks.
geaguirre80

Re: Hue Node

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:19 pm

geaguirre80 wrote:Hi, I'm trying to translate one of my shader from Shader Forge to ASE, but I can't find a"Hue" node, which outputs an RGB color given a Hue.
Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for using ASE, we really appreciate it. The Hue node is on our upcoming node list, I'll be sure to let you know as soon as it's included.

Apologies, for the inconvenience.

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby crazyfingers619 » Mon May 07, 2018 8:42 am

Could also really use this node!
crazyfingers619

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon May 07, 2018 10:28 am

We currently provide a node that should achieve the same effect, the HSV to RGB node, in which you'll have to set the Saturate and Value inputs to 1 in order to achieve the same effect as you would with SF's Hue node.

Please let me know if this helps, thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby crazyfingers619 » Mon May 07, 2018 10:30 am

Not sure if this is the best method but whipped this up and seems to be doing the trick. I'm using Horizontal UV's tiled 5x for demonstration, but if you plug a "Hue" float in to replace the "Texture Coordinates" not I imagine it would work more or less like the old Shader Forge Hue.
crazyfingers619

Postby crazyfingers619 » Mon May 07, 2018 10:33 am

Ha, damn it. I'm not used to developer support so fast so i just wasted a couple hours :P

Thanks for the timely reply! The node name itself makes it really hard to search for. Sounds like something you'd contract after a crazy weekend in Mexico TBH.
crazyfingers619

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon May 07, 2018 10:54 am

Thank you for sharing your approach!

Since it's a multi-purpose node and its name might not be obvious to those searching for a Simple HUE node, we've also included a function that performs that operation, which I've failed to mention in the above post, so apologies for that!

Also, what happens in Mexico should stay in Mexico, hehe.
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor