Shader Tags being wiped on save!

Node-based Shader Editor

Shader Tags being wiped on save!

Postby DarrenR » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:05 am

Hi,

I've had to use replacement Shaders in my project using custom tags to render certain objects differently from another camera. Is there a way to add Tags to my amplify shaders in the editor? (I can edit the code already).
The reason I ask is that as far as I can tell, whenever Amplify shader editor saves my shader it wipes the new tags i have put on them.
If this isn't a feature yet I'd like to request it as one.

Cheers for any help.
DarrenR

Re: Shader Tags being wiped on save!

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:08 am

DarrenR wrote:Hi,

I've had to use replacement Shaders in my project using custom tags to render certain objects differently from another camera. Is there a way to add Tags to my amplify shaders in the editor? (I can edit the code already).
The reason I ask is that as far as I can tell, whenever Amplify shader editor saves my shader it wipes the new tags i have put on them.
If this isn't a feature yet I'd like to request it as one.

Cheers for any help.

Hello Darren,

Thank you for using ASE, we really appreciate your support. Currently, all extra code added manually added is ignored and removed by ASE during compilation. Tag support as been requested and should be available soon. I will register your interest and contact you as soon as it's available.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby DarrenR » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:29 pm

Hello again,

Coming back to this part of my project after a long while I see that Shader tags have been implemented which is great!

Is there any way to add multiple subshaders in one shader using the editor? I have replacement shaders on a couple cameras rendering masks and would like to edit them with Amplify.
DarrenR

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:11 pm

Hello Darren, great to hear from you again!

DarrenR wrote:Hello again,

Coming back to this part of my project after a long while I see that Shader tags have been implemented which is great!

Thanks!

DarrenR wrote:Is there any way to add multiple subshaders in one shader using the editor? I have replacement shaders on a couple cameras rendering masks and would like to edit them with Amplify.

Not yet, apologies for the inconvenience, it is a requested feature that we hope to implement soon, I'll be sure to keep you posted when we have some new developments!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor