Tessellation Bug Report

Node-based Shader Editor

Re: Tessellation Bug Report

Postby illinar » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:33 pm

All my tesselation shaders stopped working and are now returning this error. Any type of tesselation even on new empty shaders. They worked fine, then this started and no reinstalling amplify or reloading or recompiling helped. No idea what caused it. I don't even think I changed any project settings for it to happen.

Code: Select all
      void vertexDataFunc( inout appdata_full v )
      {
      }

Shader error in 'Skin': 'vertexDataFunc': output parameter 'v' not completely initialized at line 32 (on d3d11)
illinar

Postby Amplify_Borba » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:24 pm

illinar wrote:All my tesselation shaders stopped working and are now returning this error. Any type of tesselation even on new empty shaders. They worked fine, then this started and no reinstalling amplify or reloading or recompiling helped. No idea what caused it. I don't even think I changed any project settings for it to happen.

void vertexDataFunc( inout appdata_full v )
      {
      }

Shader error in 'Skin': 'vertexDataFunc': output parameter 'v' not completely initialized at line 32 (on d3d11)

Hello illinar, thank you for getting in touch.

Could you please replicate the following steps in the specified order and report back if the problem is fixed?

- Turn Tessellation and Instancing off in the shader
- Turn Instancing off in the material(s) that us the shader
- Compile the shader
- Turn Tessellation on in the shader
- Compile the shader again

This in a Unity requirement as you can't have instancing with Tessellation, unfortunately there's no other workaround available at the moment other than this procedure.

Looking forward to your reply!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby illinar » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:22 pm

Thank you very much that worked.
illinar

Previous

Return to Amplify Shader Editor