Grass Wind and Vegetation

Node-based Shader Editor

Grass Wind and Vegetation

Postby furle » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:01 am

Hello,

I cannot find any examples of how I can create Grass and Vegetation shader with wind. I've been trying to create some shaders to achieve this effect, but none was great. The main problem for me is creating the wind effect, which I can't find any example from you guys. Looks like my attempt of vertex positions offsets are going completely wrong. (Sorry for asking this, but in Unreal I can add a simple node of Wind and everything looks fine, but I cannot find this node in Amplify and I can't replicate this node! hahah :( )

The effect I've been trying to achieve is something like this: https://cdn.80.lv/80.lv/uploads/2017/10 ... endgif.gif

Thanks!
furle

Re: Grass Wind and Vegetation

Postby Amplify_Borba » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:18 am

Hello,

Thank you for getting in touch and for your support!

Even though we don't have a Wind node, we're planning on adding one in a future update, so stay tuned!

For now, setting up an effect similar to the one in your shared gif will require some work in simulating waves of movement in the vertices, and the closest sample we have that provides vertex manipulation is the extrusion one, even though it doesn't really simulate how wind works.

You might also want to look into the inner functions of SpeedTree, although I'm not quite sure if they can be used or adapted for the intended effect.

Please let me know if you have any further questions, thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby furle » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:30 pm

Hey, thanks for your reply!

I'll try to create this waves and then associate with the vertex offsets. I'm looking the example of LowPoly Water, have an effect similar to this.

Anyway, I can't wait for this node, will help a lot! Thanks! :D
furle

Postby Amplify_Borba » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:25 pm

No worries, glad to have been of assistance.

Indeed, our Low Poly Water Sample has a similar effect as well, good find!

I'll be sure to keep you posted on any updates regarding the Wind node ( or equivalent ), thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor