Particle Additive Shader

Node-based Shader Editor

Particle Additive Shader

Postby Desoxi » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:39 pm

Hey its me again,
its obvious that i have quite a few questions, thats why im posting them all here, i hope thats ok.
I would like to know whether or not i can turn the amplify particle alpha blended shader into a additive one.
I couldnt see an option to create an additive particle shader out of the box. Im asking because i was trying to translate a shader forge node system which is using the particle additive option to an amplify shader node system.
Desoxi

Re: Particle Additive Shader

Postby Desoxi » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:25 am

Ive read a bit through this template system and so because it allows me to do so i added these two lines into the shader code:

Code: Select all
Blend SrcAlpha One

Though i dont know if thats all what it takes to make a particle shader additive. Need to re-read a few things about blending again. Quite some time passed since i last wrote a shader :)
Any help would be appreciated and maybe the answer is going to help someone else whos searching for it in this forum.

EDIT: Of course i changed the old Blend option to the one above and not just added it below it.
Desoxi

Re: Particle Additive Shader

Postby Amplify_Borba » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:04 pm

Hello, and thank you for sharing this!

Glad to know you found a way, we don't have any additional advice at this moment but we would be happy to answer any questions you might have.
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor