Phong tesselation not working with blendshapes

Node-based Shader Editor

Phong tesselation not working with blendshapes

Postby illinar » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:21 pm

Phong tesselation is not working on a skinned mesh (or any mesh) that has blendshapes. Is that a known limitation or a bug?

I mean of course, that tesselation itself is working but without phong smoothing. Starts working when I remove all blend shapes.
illinar

Re: Phong tesselation not working with blendshapes

Postby Amplify_Borba » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:09 pm

Hey there!

We're not quite sure about this since Amplify Shader Editor uses the Tessellation technique provided by Unity, so we'll have to investigate it.

Have you tried to replicate this issue using Phong Tessellation in Unity's Standard shader to see if the problem still persists?
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Re: Phong tesselation not working with blendshapes

Postby illinar » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:10 pm

Sorry, correction: I might have some broken models. I tried to reproduce the issue but with no success. Currently, I can't reexport those models as FBX or import them into some programs. Newly exported models work fine.

I tried Tesselation shaders from the free Alloy package, by the way. Same thing.

I'll let you know if I'll have this issue again. Probably just broken models somehow. Thank you.
illinar

Return to Amplify Shader Editor