Update possibly killed game's load times?

Node-based Shader Editor

Update possibly killed game's load times?

Postby sazberryftw » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:37 pm

Hi,

I have just upgraded ASE to v1.4.2.002 (previous version v1.2.1) and have noticed an extremely large increase in my load times, from <5 seconds to >40 seconds.

I am loading the scenes asynchronously, using the code:
Code: Select all
        yield return SceneManager.LoadSceneAsync(level.MainSceneName, LoadSceneMode.Single);

for (int i = 0; i < level.SubScenes.Length; i++)
        {
            yield return SceneManager.LoadSceneAsync(level.SubScenes[i], LoadSceneMode.Additive);
        }

This issue only occurs in editor, within builds the load is fine. I understand this is a strange issue to do with ASE but the only thing that I've changed in my project was the version of the plugin used. Once I revert back to before the update, my load times are fine again.

Was anything added between these versions that may be affecting load times that wasn't there before?

Thanks
Sarah
sazberryftw

Re: Update possibly killed game's load times?

Postby sazberryftw » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:20 pm

I managed to narrow down the problem to the "Snow_Bricks.sbsar" asset's meta file. Replacing the meta file fixes my issue.
sazberryftw

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:29 pm

sazberryftw wrote:I managed to narrow down the problem to the "Snow_Bricks.sbsar" asset's meta file. Replacing the meta file fixes my issue.

Thank you for letting us know that it's not necessarily ASE related, we really appreciate. Sounds like it might be caused by the substance texture generation parameters, the Load Behavior could have been be set to Build on Load.
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Postby sazberryftw » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:51 pm

Thanks, however that asset is back to causing issues, and I can no longer generate a correct meta file. Changing the load behaviour doesn't have any effect on load times. I will delete this asset for now, and send a bug report to unity about it
sazberryftw

Postby Ricardo Teixeira » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:01 pm

sazberryftw wrote:Thanks, however that asset is back to causing issues, and I can no longer generate a correct meta file. Changing the load behaviour doesn't have any effect on load times. I will delete this asset for now, and send a bug report to unity about it

Interesting, thank you for letting us know. We recommend posting the issue on the Unity forum or answers section, the community is quite responsive.

Thanks!
Sales & Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Ricardo Teixeira

Return to Amplify Shader Editor