Parallax Occlusion Mapping using Texture Array

Node-based Shader Editor

Parallax Occlusion Mapping using Texture Array

Postby DanielTodorov » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:19 am

I've struggled to figure this out or too long now so I came to ask experts!

I'm trying to get a height map from a texture array to use with the Amplify's POM system, but it seems like taking a chanel and feeding into a texture input is the challenge.

Also, there seems to be an option called "Use texture arrays" but I couldn't quite find any information on how that works eighter.

Any help, clarifications, and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Image ( https://imgur.com/a/9Dkal )
DanielTodorov

Re: Parallax Occlusion Mapping using Texture Array

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:15 am

Hello Daniel, thank you for getting in touch and for your support!

You cannot plug a Texture Sample node directly into the Texture input of the Parallax Occlusion Mapping node, you specifically need to use the Texture Object node.
You can find more information on the POM node in our wiki page, and I also recommend that you check out our working sample using this technique in the following folder: AmplifyShaderEditor/Examples/Official/ParallaxOcclusionMappingPOM.

Regarding Texture Arrays, the POM node supports the use of 2D texture arrays after enabling its "Use Texture Array" Parameter, through a Texture Object node with its Auto-Cast Mode set to "Locked to Texture 2D Array", please refer to the screenshot below.

TOArray.jpg
TOArray.jpg (73.78 KiB) Viewed 1031 times

You can find some additional information on texture arrays in the Unity Manual.

Please let me know if this information helps, don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any follow-up questions, thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor