Static Switch keyword creation

Node-based Shader Editor

Static Switch keyword creation

Postby Lars Nonne » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:28 pm

Hi,

one more thing.
This is a very small bug, but still, I wanted to let you know:

After creating a Static Switch and changing it to "Define Symbol", the node still seems to create the keyword created under "Shader Feature Keyword", although not valid/used anymore (basically there are two keywords being created now).
This unused keyword however is only visible in the ASE (in the material properties), not in the compiled shader and therefor just a small bug, that has no effects on the actual shader.

Thanks,
Lars
Lars Nonne

Re: Static Switch keyword creation

Postby Amplify_Borba » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:32 am

Hello Lars, thank you for reporting this issue, we have confirmed this on our side and the behavior is definitely not intended.

We'll be fixing this as soon as possible, I'll get back in touch once we include the fix in a future build, thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:46 am

Hello Lars,

We've uploaded a new build, v1.4.4.004, in which we've reworked the Static Switch node to fix the reported issue and improve the node itself, feel free to download this latest version and take it for a spin, feedback is always welcome!

* Added new Keyword Enums option to 'Static Switch' node Type option
* Improved its interface to better accommodate new options
* Added new keywords to 'Static Switch' Keyword dropdown
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby Lars Nonne » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:01 pm

It seem like this is still not completely fixed.
Although it does not create another keyword anymore,
it still shows a separate property in the Property-Overview, for all "fetch keyword nodes" combined as an addition to the originally created keyword.
Is there anything I'm doing wrong, or can you confirm this?

Thanks,
Lars
Lars Nonne

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:51 pm

Lars Nonne wrote:It seem like this is still not completely fixed.
Although it does not create another keyword anymore,
it still shows a separate property in the Property-Overview, for all "fetch keyword nodes" combined as an addition to the originally created keyword.
Is there anything I'm doing wrong, or can you confirm this?

Thanks,
Lars

I can confirm that this is the expected behavior. The node has to be set as "Create" or "Fetch", and by setting it to Fetch, the Keyword is not generated. The property remains since it does not rely on the Keyword, as it can exist in a different place, for example, a Keyword may be created in an include while the property may be created in the editor.

In order to remove the property from the property list, you'll have to make sure that the respective option is disabled in the "Material Toggle".

Please let me know if you have any further questions, thanks!
Amplify_Borba

Postby Lars Nonne » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:59 pm

Amplify_Borba wrote:In order to remove the property from the property list, you'll have to make sure that the respective option is disabled in the "Material Toggle".

Well, I only use the Material Toggle on the keyword creator.
The others, the ones that fetch the keyword, don't (shouldn't) create a property, since Material Toggle is disabled.

I understand the reason for creating a different name, but still, it should not appear in the property list, when not set to Material Toggle, right?

Thanks,
Lars
Lars Nonne

Postby Amplify_Borba » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:22 pm

Apologies but I'm afraid I'm not fully understanding the issue, could you please elaborate through a screenshot, if possible?

On my side, if the option is toggled off, there's no property present in the inspector or material properties.
Amplify_Borba

Postby Lars Nonne » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:21 pm

Sure, no problem.

in the first picture you can see the static switch with material toggle:
1.png
1.png (50.76 KiB) Viewed 4541 times

in the second the static switch without:
2.png
2.png (34.66 KiB) Viewed 4541 times

and in the 3rd a part of the property list in the editor, with the duplicate property:
3.png
3.png (4.76 KiB) Viewed 4541 times

All in all there is one main switch with material toggle active and 3 fetching switches with material toggle disabled.
I hope this clarifies what I mean. If you need more infos, let me know.

Thanks,
Lars
Lars Nonne

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:21 pm

I appreciate that you've taken the time to provide additional details and have forwarded this information to our developer, he will investigate this matter as soon as possible.

I'll be sure to get back to you as soon as we have any further developments, thank you for your patience!
Amplify_Borba

Postby Amplify_Borba » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:55 pm

Hello Lars,

This issue has been fixed in the latest ASE build, the Static Switch node should no longer register duplicates in the material properties group, feel free to download it from our website and take it for a spin, feedback is always welcome!

Thank you once more for taking the time to report this issue and helping us make ASE even better!
Amplify_Borba

Next

Return to Amplify Shader Editor