Blur shader

Node-based Shader Editor

Blur shader

Postby Jayme65 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:23 pm

Would you please tell me how I could achieve a "gaussian" blur shader to be applied on a panel...like one can see there (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/69525)

Thanks for any kind help!
Jayme65

Re: Blur shader

Postby Amplify_Borba » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:38 pm

Hallo Jayme, thank you for getting in touch.

In order to produce a blur effect you need to implement your own technique, since there are several ways of achieving the effect. You may refer to our SimpleBlur sample, but you'd have to replace the Texture Sample node by a Grab Screen Color node and set the shader's Blend Mode as Transparent.

I've also attached a small package with that exemplifies how you could possibly achieve an effect similar to Blur through our SimpleRefraction sample, with the aforementioned Grab Screen Color node being used.

PanelDistort.unitypackage
(9.47 KiB) Downloaded 1675 times

You could also consider using our Custom Expression node in case you want to apply any common technique through shader code ( blur example - https://forum.unity.com/threads/simple- ... er.185327/ ), although this method does require some knowledge of shader programming.

Hopefully this will help you decide on how you want to achieve the effect, please don't hesitate to get back in touch if you have any further questions or issues.
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby Jayme65 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:48 pm

Thanks (once again) for the great support we can get from you!
I test all your suggestions right now!

Thanks!!
Jayme65

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:40 am

Glad to help, don't hesitate to get back in touch if you have any further questions, thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor