No longer have access to Amplify Shader Editor.

Node-based Shader Editor

No longer have access to Amplify Shader Editor.

Postby Robubie » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:00 am

Today I seemed to have lost access to my copy of Amplify Shader Editor for unity. I no longer have access to it under Window, and when I click on a shader I can no longer edit it with ASE. I have tried reinstalling it from the asset store, so I tried grabbing the .package from the site and even that didn't do anything except install the samples. I have tried erasing my folder and APPDATA and then reinstalling both ways, and neither have fixed it. Is there any fix for this? been trying to get it working all day.
Robubie

Re: No longer have access to Amplify Shader Editor.

Postby Amplify_Borba » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:42 am

Hello Robubie, thank you for getting in touch!

Regarding your issue, have you tried importing ASE to an empty project in order to see if it still manifests?

If the above works, your project might contain errors which may cause ASE to fail to import correctly.
This is usually solvable by clearing the errors first and then reimporting ASE, and we'd suggest you try doing it first without samples, and if the issue is not present, importing the samples afterwards and see if it still manifests.

If there are no errors in your project, it might be a compatibility issue with another tool or asset in your project, but we'll need to know more details about what assets your are currently using in order to best help you.

Please let us know how this works out for you, looking forward to your reply!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby Robubie » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:42 pm

So It was able to be installed in a blank project no problem. So there must be some problem with my other project. The strange part is it does work on my other workstation but not on my main machine.
Robubie

Postby Robubie » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:58 pm

One other thing the other machine is on Unity Pro could that be an issue?
Robubie

Postby Amplify_Borba » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:05 pm

Not at all, Unity Pro would not interfere with ASE in any way.

Does it work on your other workstation in the same project you are getting issues in your main machine?
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby Robubie » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:15 pm

Amplify_Borba wrote:Not at all, Unity Pro would not interfere with ASE in any way.

Does it work on your other workstation in the same project you are getting issues in your main machine?

Yes, I have even redownloaded the whole thing from the cloud.
Robubie

Postby Amplify_Borba » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:22 pm

Would it be possible for you to send us your console log for the problematic project from your main machine?

If you prefer you can send it via email at [email protected].
Amplify_Borba

Postby Robubie » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:38 pm

Amplify_Borba wrote:Would it be possible for you to send us your console log for the problematic project from your main machine?

If you prefer you can send it via email at [email protected].

Sure which console log? what do you mean? aren't there a few console logs?
Robubie

Postby Amplify_Borba » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:55 pm

The Console log itself, we need to know if there are any errors present after importing ASE into the problematic project/machine.

In Unity, go to Window > Console, to make sure that the console is open, then import ASE into your project, then copy any error or warning that might come up in the console. If possible, send us a screenshot as well, thanks!
Amplify_Borba

Postby Robubie » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:25 pm

Sorry! I actually found an error I hadn't seen before when checking the console logs. It turns out a file was not syncing correctly between machines but when I forced it to sync everything was fixed. Thanks for the suggestion!
Robubie

Next

Return to Amplify Shader Editor