Custom property headers?

Node-based Shader Editor

Custom property headers?

Postby Lizzard » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:29 pm

Hello!

I'm working on a shader that has quite a lot of properties.
It gets quite messy if they are all in one row without separation.

I noticed that the name of my custom light function (My Blinn-Phong Light) gets added as bold header.
Is there a way to add custom headers like that so i can separate the properties?

Thanks!
Attachments
Customheader.jpg
Customheader.jpg (63.58 KiB) Viewed 3944 times
Lizzard

Re: Custom property headers?

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:01 pm

Hey there! The bold headers are currently specific for the Shader Functions, for now the only way you can achieve that specific type of control is by creating and using a custom inspector for your materials.

We provide a few node attributes, within certain node parameters, that allow you to hide specific fields in the material inspector through the "Hide in Inspector", or expose them in a simplified way, in regards to Texture Samples, through the "No Scale Offset" attribute. You may also order your properties in the Material Properties tab, within the Output Node Parameters.

Please let me know if this helps, thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby Lizzard » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:08 pm

Thanks for the quick answer!

I guess the additional work would not be worth it then.
I could add the headers by quickly editing the script but then it gets overwritten when i recompile the shader : (.
It would look so nice tho...

EDIT:
Well, i just added a bunch of empty functions. Not the best way but it works and gives in the desired effect : )
Attachments
workd.jpg
workd.jpg (174.6 KiB) Viewed 3934 times
Headers.jpg
Headers.jpg (65.02 KiB) Viewed 3936 times
Lizzard

Postby Amplify_Borba » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:52 am

That's a pretty interesting solution, although the proper way would be to develop a custom editor as I've mentioned in the last post, here's a simple guide on how set it up.

Hopefully we can provide further means of customizing the inspector in the future, please let me know if you have any further questions, thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor