Bent Normal Maps

Node-based Shader Editor

Bent Normal Maps

Postby karoliso » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:45 pm

Good day all.

I am curious how one would go about implementing a PBR shader with bent normal maps. I am aware Unity 2018 will ship with a new standard shader that will support such a feature, but I would like to make use of bent normal maps ASAP.

Any information is appreciated.

Reference for expected result: https://twitter.com/KnaldTech/status/971893442493272069
karoliso

Re: Bent Normal Maps

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:13 pm

Hello, even though this should be achievable through the use of Shader Templates, I would recommend waiting for official support of the new SRP, although we already support Lightweight for this specific case the HD would likely be best suited.

We're working into updating our Wiki with more information regarding SRP and Multi-Pass, which has recently been implemented into ASE.

I'll be sure to get back to you once more information is made available, thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Re: Bent Normal Maps

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:28 am

Hello, we've recently updated our wiki with additional information regarding Multi-Pass, including an example outline shader and detailed information about Unity's Lightweight SRP support.

Node-wise, multi-pass shaders work exactly like single-pass ones, and you can check our Lightweight SRP samples included in the main package for reference.

Our Template-specific nodes ( Template Parameter, Template Vertex Data, Template Fragment Data, Template Multi-Pass Switch ) only need some extra configuration in order to select the correct subshader and pass to retrieve data.

Please let me know if this helps, and if you require any further information, thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor