Fresnel Offsetting (Rainy Lens Shader)

Node-based Shader Editor

Fresnel Offsetting (Rainy Lens Shader)

Postby Yoshinjo » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:46 pm

Hello,

I'm fairly new to amplify shader, still have a lot to learn. I've created a shader based off of some tutorials I've found on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNOF7a- ... TkYOVkTmo-

I've managed to create the shader successfully but I'm having some issues I was hoping to fix. Here is my current shader node network:

Here is what happens when the strength of the effect is turned up. As you can see it offsets the background the higher the strength of the effect

The shader is used in a material that is on a UI game object, which is overlayed on top of a background plate. I'm not using any 3D plane models, mainly just UI elements. Is there any way to fix this offset? I would like to be able to fade the opacity in an animation to have the effect transition to on or off but it breaks the illusion when the whole contents of the screen shift. I feel like I'm a newb asking a stupid question but this is bugging me. I tried looking up information regarding fresnel shaders and if there was a way around this but have not come up with anything yet. Your help is greatly appreciated!
Yoshinjo

Re: Fresnel Offsetting (Rainy Lens Shader)

Postby Amplify_Borba » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:02 pm

Hey there, thank you for getting in touch!

In order to best help you with this specific shader, we'll need you to send us a simple sample containing shader, material and textures, as well as the issue present, so that we may debug it on our side.

If you'd rather not send it through the forum, feel free to do so via [email protected], thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby Yoshinjo » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:35 pm

Thank you for the response! In recreating a demo scene to send to you, I was able to find the issue. Apparently it had nothing to do with the shader, it was the settings on the canvas component of the UI image that was being overlayed on top of the background. For anyone trying to create this effect for UI, make sure you canvas Additional Shader Channels option is set to "everything" instead of "nothing".
Yoshinjo

Postby Amplify_Borba » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:35 am

Thank you for reporting back and providing details on how the situation has been solved.

The effect you've accomplished looks great! Should you be interested in sharing it with the community, fully credited of course, you may use our submission form.

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if you have any further questions, thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor