Light Attenuation!!!

Node-based Shader Editor

Light Attenuation!!!

Postby tareq.abdnabi » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:15 pm

can anyone explain how the Light Attenuation is really work?? like give a small tutorial about it ,because i cant get how it is work even after reading the documentation & try it in editor didn't work , I'm trying to create shader can cast shadows on transparent surface by capture the lighting & shadows from the Light Attenuation node ,but when i try do it for testing purpose like what i founded in the documentation exacatily NOT WORKKING!!! :?
tareq.abdnabi

Re: Light Attenuation!!!

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:25 am

Hello, thank you for getting in touch and for your support!

Have you had the chance to check the node page for the Light Attenuation node? It provides information regarding the node and an example setup.

There are two samples that make use of that node, the CustomLightingToon and UVLight, which you may also examine.

We are also working on a tutorial that covers a few custom lighting related topics, I'll be sure to let you know as soon as it has been released.

Please let me know if the above information helps, thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby tareq.abdnabi » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:01 pm

thanks for replay, the issue was from node link to emission not for custom lighting like what i found in sample scene.

this what i found in http://wiki.amplify.pt/index.php?title=Unity_Products:Amplify_Shader_Editor/Light_Attenuation Node link :

but still i cant figure out how to capture shadows on the shader and turn them to UV or texture !! for using them as opacity mask
tareq.abdnabi

Postby Amplify_Borba » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:07 pm

Attenuation is basically a texture fetch in case of point/spot lights which uses a range falloff, and unfortunately our documentations is somewhat outdated, so you have to connect it to the Custom Light port.

It might not be possible to access the information you want, could you elaborate any further on the type of effect you want to create?
Providing a screenshot of your current setup and also a screenshot or reference of the intended visual effect would provide us more insight in how to best help you, thanks!
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby tareq.abdnabi » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:23 pm

what i try to do is masking shadows , and trying to convert to output data from light attenuation & light color multiply as UV texture data
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (250.4 KiB) Viewed 4201 times
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (108.2 KiB) Viewed 4201 times
tareq.abdnabi

Postby Amplify_Borba » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:48 pm

Thank you for providing additional details!

I'm not quite sure if we can suggest a solution for that specific request, since shaders with transparency are not contemplated by the shadow pass, because their depth is not written to the depth buffer.

While you can still get some data out of the Light Attenuation node that can be used in the outputs, its result will have no attenuation since that information relies on the depth, which is an expected problem when dealing with transparent shaders as they have no concept of depth.

Apologies for not being able to provide further assistance in regards to this situation, please let me know if you have any further questions.
Amplify_Borba

Postby bigbenmatt » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:43 am

Hi Sorry to hijack this thread but is there custom lighting support for the LWSRP templates. I'm trying to do a similar thing. Well specifically the half lambert bounce light trick a la INSIDE :)

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated!
bigbenmatt

Postby Amplify_Borba » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:34 am

Hello, no problem at all!

You may use our Lighting nodes in both the HD and LW unlit templates to create your own custom lighting, but you might have to tweak the templates themselves depending on what you intend to create.
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor