Dither Node and Blending Multiple Lights

Node-based Shader Editor

Dither Node and Blending Multiple Lights

Postby DanikTomyn » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:12 pm

Hey Amplify Team,

First off many thanks for making such a great product, I switched over from shader forge and I'm really enjoying the ase experience!

I'm currently working on a custom light shader that applies dithering to the edges of the lighting but I run into an issue where the dither node seems to apply some sort of screen-space effect that shifts with camera movement. The dithering works great on breaking up he lighting edges but the shifting is a bit of a problem, is there any way to cancel out or remove the shifting caused by the dither node?
Links to image and shadergraph below:

image: https://imgur.com/8PKIrsX
shader graph: https://imgur.com/9kNp4Dg

The second issue I'm running into is that I can't seem to find a way to blend my lighting and make it uniform, right now the lights keep adding upon each other and I was wondering if there was any way to keep the lighting a uniform value when overlapping?
Links to Image and shader graph below:

image: https://imgur.com/lqToPnk
shader graph: https://imgur.com/mLRTAds

If you need any more images or a video of the dithering to see what's going on then let me know.

Thanks,
Danik
DanikTomyn

Re: Dither Node and Blending Multiple Lights

Postby Amplify_Borba » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:52 am

Hey there, thank you for the kind words, we're glad you're having a good time with ASE!

In order for us to best help you, could you please send us your both shaders, with their respective textures and materials, attached to a reply to this post or, if you prefer, via [email protected], so that we can examine them using the same data as you and hopefully find a working solution?

Looking forward to your reply!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby DanikTomyn » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:50 pm

Hey Amplify_Borba,

Thanks for the quick reply, I sent a Unity package with the materials with their shaders and textures for both the light blending and the light dither shaders to the email you provided.

Let me know if you need anything else!
DanikTomyn

Postby Amplify_Borba » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:20 am

Hello!

Apologies for the delay in my reply, we've exposed the Screen Position in the Dither node in one of our latest builds, allowing you to specify a custom screen position for the dither pattern.

Please let me know if this helps you achieve the desired effect, thanks!
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby DanikTomyn » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:19 am

Hey apologies for the delay in response!

That did the trick, we moved out of our research phase and found using that many lights will be difficult for our project so instead of applying it to the lighting we're instead using that to alter our shadows to have a textured effect.

Thanks so much for the assist! :D
DanikTomyn

Postby Amplify_Borba » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:17 am

No problem, thank you for letting us know!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor