Anisotropy

Node-based Shader Editor

Anisotropy

Postby matthewwr » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:56 pm

Hello again! So many questions...

I've been playing around with the shaders in the package and once again it's awesome ;)

Just wanted to know if anyone has come up with a node based solution to anisotropy? My vector and math knowledge is somewhat limited here. Just wondering if we can produce anisotropic reflections using stock nodes in amplify? To create brushed metal effects, or in my case, a hair shader. The math is well documented, and there is even a free Unity shader here:

https://github.com/Kink3d/AnisotropicStandardShader

But since I will be layering a few specs, translucency, pixel depth offset, etc into my custom shader, I was hoping someone could show me how to build anisotropic reflections in amplify? I'd rather stick to a node based solution here to give me more control.

Any help would be once again really appreciated.

Thanks!

Matt
matthewwr

Re: Anisotropy

Postby Amplify_Borba » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:52 pm

Hello, keep them coming, always glad to help!

This is definitely possible, in fact, we're actually working on a set for different types of anisotropy, which we will include in the main package as a shader function as soon as possible.

I'll be sure to notify you once it is made available, so stay tuned!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby matthewwr » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:18 pm

wow, great to hear! Any way I can test it out? I'd be really happy to test it if you would like. In the mean time, could I get an example or an explanation on how to do this? Even if it's rudimentary, it would really help me out, I'm kind of stuck at the moment.

Thanks!

Matt
matthewwr

Postby Amplify_Borba » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:49 pm

Apologies but we're not quite ready to share a a sample for this effect just yet.

In the meantime, have you had the chance to look into some of the methods, such as the Kajiya-Kay and Marschner?

This seems to be a good reference:

http://amd-dev.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/ ... Slides.pdf

There's also a freely available setup made in UE4 that you could help you getting started here:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/communi ... -Material=

Please let me know if this helps, thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Postby matthewwr » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:25 pm

ok, thanks for the reference. I'll try and reproduce the unreal shader! Should be a fun project, hopefully I can pull it off :D

Cheers
matthewwr

Return to Amplify Shader Editor