Trying to figure out how to get refraction to work...

Node-based Shader Editor

Trying to figure out how to get refraction to work...

Postby crazyfingers619 » Wed May 09, 2018 12:00 pm

There's a refraction node that seems to run off a cubemap texture, but this doesn't seem to be screen space specific and would only work on Opaque object I believe.
http://wiki.amplify.pt/index.php?title=Unity_Products:Amplify_Shader_Editor/Refract

I'm trying to get refraction to work on my particle effects and I can't seem to find a way to do that, the only input currently is for RGB and Alpha transparency into a single slot as well as an offset function.

Shader Forge had a very easy way of plugging in refraction for any type of blending and it would displace the screen space by the XY of the input based no opacity. Not sure if it's possible to expose the refraction node for particles of any type in Amplify and haven't been able to find any resources on the topic after a bit of searching...

Thanks again in advance for any help!
crazyfingers619

Re: Trying to figure out how to get refraction to work...

Postby Amplify_Borba » Wed May 09, 2018 2:21 pm

Hello!

Even though there's no Refraction input in out Particles template, you may check out our HeatHaze sample as a starting point for creating your own refraction effect by deforming its UV's.

You may choose to only use the normal and intensity without the UV manipulation, and even use the use the refraction node within the calculations as it doesn't need to be applied to a cubemap. Also, both Grab Screen Position and Grab Screen Color nodes are pivotal for this effect.

Please let me know if this helps you out, thanks!
Customer Relations at Amplify Creations
Learn more about our offering: Amplify Creations Products
Amplify Shader Editor won the Asset Store Best Tool Award - Thank you for your support!
Amplify_Borba

Return to Amplify Shader Editor